Monday, February 23, 2009

Opening Shock

Blogging.
An interesting premise of which much has been discussed in the drive by media. You hear about it all the time on the talk radio shows and network TV. I’ve been amazed by the “credible” TV anchor who brings up some obscure blogger as an expert on a particular subject. It makes for lively discussion but somewhat lacks in true credibility as much of the discussion will revolve around an opinion. Maybe there is substance to the argument being debated, mostly not.

I didn't think I would ever be a "Blogger". I’m over 40 years old, so who would be remotely interested in what I have to say right? Well, no one. At least not for my political views, my 100% support of my fellow soldiers serving in conflicts all around the world, my opinion of our personal freedoms as Americans, or my view of the world stage’s dramas.

But, as a forum for sharing events in my family and life, a blog makes sense. It’s simple, looks good, and in today’s instant gratification WalMart society, people can view at their leisure. Time is precious today and folks need to check in with each other on their own time and not on my crazy schedule. Time is very precious to me as I keep ridiculously active. Time creating internet web pages and emailing takes away from time spent with my lovely wife Michelle and our dogs Jack and George. I would rather be riding adventure motorcycles, Jeeping, exploring the mountains or desert, shooting, wrenching, planning trips, anything other than pouring over the computer.

So, here on my blog you will get the updates on things that I find interesting and wish to share. Don’t expect anything other than fun stuff. I won’t bore you with political commentary. I will write about our life in Colorado and the activities we love to participate in. I will attempt to give you a sense of what we do for kicks and share with you places and spaces you may not have experienced yourself. Log in at your leisure, take your time, send emails with your comments. Enjoy or destroy.

Tim “Top Fueler” Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment